Thursday, September 29, 2011

7 years old!

 Where to begin. 7 years ago today I was up early with contractions. I knew I would be going in to be induced at 7:30pm. But I guess Will didn't want to wait. We went to the hospital and were almost sent home until his heart rate dropped. I was admitted and was enduced about 12 hours earlier than planned. Everything was going normal, as normal as childbirth is, until Will's heart rate kept dropping. It would always come back up but it was worrying the Dr. After the 2nd try of breaking my water they discovered the problem. Meconium. As the contractions got closer together and Will's heart rate continued to drop and not recover as well as it should have the decision to have a c-section was finalized and soon I was rushed into the Operating room. Will soon made his entrance and left the nurses know that he has healthy by spraying them down. He was rushed away with only a glimpse by, but Chris got to go with him. I remember being back in my room after recovery and calling my mom and saying. I had the baby, it was a boy still, but I had no idea of his status. Thankfully he shortly came to me later. I learned why it took so long, He was covered in green goop and had to get his lungs sucked out as much as possible to make sure they got all the meconium out they could. I never knew you could fall in love so fast, but it happened.
He was named after my dad William and Patrick Tilman, someone who gave up money and fame to serve his country and gave the ultimate sacrifice. I am glad that Will has such great examples to look up to. The past 7 years have flown by. Will is a great helper at home. He tends to be the only one who cleans "the boys" room. He loves school, legos, the wii, soccer, his family, and his friends. His favorite TV shows are Pink panther (gotta love netflix), Phienus and Ferb, and Scooby doo. He is so sensitive to others needs (when he chooses). He really tries to do what is best, and wants to be a good example. I cannot imagine what our life would be like without him in it. Will makes our home a happier place. Thanks for 7 wonderful years Will. I love you!







1 comment:

Leslie Ann said...

Happy birthday Will!!