1. Pride and Prejudice -
Really is there any contest here. The longest and closest to the book and it shot Colin Firth to fame. it is the 1995 version. I love love love everything about this version. Even the crazy mother who plays the part of so well. Elizabeth is also played so well. I love her character.
2.2009 Masterpiece Classic Emma -
I love the Gwyneth Paltrow version, but there is just something about Mr Knightly (Johnny Lee Miller) that I just fell in love with. Plus it also has Dumbledore in it too, but that is besides the point. I really love the characters here.
3. Persuasion
4. Mansfield Park -
this 2007 Masterpiece Theater classic Is the one I like best. I think it follows the book most closely. While there are somethings I would change this will never get the attention that Jane's other more famous books will get.
5. Northanger Abby - 2007
While I have never seen any of the older versions of this movie, I do enjoy it. This is on of the few of her books I have never read so I can't comment on how close it is to the book.
6 Sense and Sensibility - 2008
While I love the Emma Thompson version, I truly love this one. The actors played the characters so well plus it goes into more of the book (which is easier because it is longer) Col. Brandon in this one is great. He shows such great emotion and also you can see how truly sad he is to not be with Marian. Love it!!
7. Jane Eyre - 2006
8. Becoming Jane
This is my list with my limited expertise on movies and books. I just really enjoy them as well as this youtube video I found today. . . you can all blame Kindy for this post. She showed me a video called its raining men - Jane Austen. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOFps_Naytg
or there is this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40M685e1W8A&feature=related
or this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcVaPhpuWbA&feature=related
2 comments:
What a fun read! Johnny whomever is in the Mansfield Park as well...he played Eli Stone. I love him as an actor. I will have to watch that Emma. We should have a Jane Austin Day and watch them all!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Karen! It's been awhile. I check in from time to time and love seeing your family grow! Holy cow!
Regarding Jane Eyre--here's my 2 cents about the newest one: the BBC version is MUCH better. I, unfortunately, was very disappointed with the new version. Maybe you won't be and I hope not, but just be prepared--it leaves a lot out and skips some of my very favorite parts.
Love all the movies you have listed! :)
Post a Comment