1. Well where to begin. Last Tuesday Will got choked and told I'm going to choke you to death while waiting for the bus at school. Things have been worked out and through this Will taught me an amazing lesson. When he said the morning prayer on Wed he prayed that the boy would never do this to someone again. What a sweet boy.
2. Thursday Jeffrey started Pre-School. He was so excited. All summer he kept telling me Asa (a boy from the YMCA) would be in his class. I was like sure there are about a million preschools but he's going to be in yours. Well I guess Jeffrey knew better than I did because he was. He is in heaven. Jeffrey feels like such a big boy with his backpack. He loves school and his teachers and his playground :) hope this love continues
3. Thursday Annmarie and I went back and got our Hair cut. The ladies were super nice and felt terrible. The one who cut Annmarie's hair even put 2 french braids in. Love where we get our hair cut. . . just not the 1 man that works there.
4. Friday night Chris took the boys and a bunch of YM to the Fathers and Son's camp out held by our stake. They had a blast. highlights include Will eating 6 hot dogs and tons of candy then proceeding to throw them all up, almost over the branch President, Jed burning his hand on the lantern just after Chris said it is hot don't touch, and staying up way past bedtime.
5. What did Annmarie and I do while the boys were playing. We went out to eat and come home watched Ella Enchanted and then she slept in my bed. It was a great girls night that should probably happen ever so often.
6. Soccer games #2 were on Saturday. The boys left camp early so they could play. There was improvement by all of them. Annmarie is not afraid of the ball or other players. Jeffrey actually got the ball and almost scored. And Will scored off a re-start. good thing there are no goalies :) The kids love playing and I think they will be sad when there games are over. Chris gets to coach the younger team this Saturday. I'm going to need to find the camera to get shots of this :)
7. Monday night I put in my first volunteer hours towards the kids soccer league (everything is voluntary) I held a goalkeeping session. for 6 girls aged 11 - 15. I was really nervous at first but I must say I really miss playing soccer and I really miss playing goalie. It was fun to dive, punt and catch the ball even though I don't move as well as I once did.
8. Sunday was a day of remembrance for most anyone who is American. I can remember exactly where I was. I was driving my 86 VW Jetta to MCC and heard Tim and Willy talking about how this reminded them of the OK city bombing. I rushed to my class, turned on the TV and thankfully the teacher canceled class. Needless to say I spent the next few days glued to the TV. It is interesting to hear what my kids have to say and the questions they ask. Still glad to be an American and still proud of our first responders, the hero's on the planes on the ground and the hero's still fighting for our freedoms today.
9. Over the past few weeks we have constantly been reminded as a family that Heavenly Father knows who we are and what we need. Now we just need to work on putting more of our faith into Him and trusting what has been placed in our way is for our good.
10. Jed has loved spending time with just me. I have loved sunning errands with just 1 child. I must finish writing this so I can get a nap in before I get to pick up the kids from school. I must say that it has been odd only having 1 child at home but I think we are all a little happier for school, or 1 on 1 times etc.
3 comments:
i love ready your blog! It is a great way for me and my kids to keep up with you and yours! How fun to only have one during parts of the day! Enjoy it!!
Glad to hear your boys did so well on the camp out. I can imagine similar things from my boys. We need a hair cut update!
Wow! That Will is one amazing boy! Thanks for the post!
Post a Comment