Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Potty training - After 2 days of doing nothing for me, Jed went in the potty 2 times for Chris. And has had no issues since. He does have the occasional accident when it has been to long or he is playing to hard. But it is no longer a fight to get him to and on the toilet!!!!

2. I have realized that we were so lucky last year with out Bus situation (kids to school). I miss the friendly man in the morning. I miss the on time man in the afternoon. Plus I miss there being no other kids at the bus stop with my kids. . . Not liking the other kids so much at the bus stop. This morning we went out 2 min before the bus came and thankfully no snakes were being played with or dogs being teased (that I know of)

3. Saturday night we were in charge of a LDS Drake Law student/family potluck. It was a lot of fun and everyone invited came!!!! This is my first time ever that I organized something that everyone actually came. Plus we had Hawaiian Haystacks!!! Can't go wrong there.

4. Chris has a new calling in our Branch. He is the YM President. This means he is gone Wednesday nights working with 12 - 18 yr old boys. Last week he taught them how to change and rotate tires. So glad he gets to keep his skills in working order by working with the YM.

5. Monday we went as a family to Snookies. no this has nothing to do with the MTV show. This is a malt/shake shop. The kids loved the cones and Chris and I loved loved loved the shakes. There is something that they do there that makes them amazing!!! Sadly they close for the season on the 18th of this month. Maybe it will be a good thing since we don't have the money to be spending it there anyway :) If you are ever visiting in the summer we need to go.

6. College Football. While I am not as crazy as some of my friends (Julie you know I'm talking about you) I love College Football. While Drake is terrible, and ASU is 1-0 and UNLV is 0-1 there might be hope that a team I like might do well. Besides the USU Auburn game was great. It would have been awesome if the Aggie's could have held on for 3 1/2 Min's. but hey it was fun to watch.

7. Sunday I taught a lesson on Receiving answers to prayers. I used Elder Scott's Conference talk form 1989. It was amazing. One of my favorite lines from it is "When we receive an impression in our heart, we can use our mind either to rationalize it away or to accomplish it." Here is a link to his talk in case you want to read it.

8. Chris was all caught up on his reading by Friday night so we got to have him all weekend long (Monday too!!) No library or school. Love moments like these when we can just be us.


9. Annmarie and I got our hair cut on Saturday. I must say this is the first time I was ever uncomfortable with getting my hair cut. Needless to say Annmarie's cut (really a trim) was done with all dry hair and is a lot uneven and my front is OK but I hate the back. Not sure what the stores policy is on this but I'm planning on going back in to see if something can be done for us. This is the 1st time I've ever hated a cut this much. As I sat waiting for the lady I really wanted, I realized I was going to get the only one in the store I didn't want to cut our hair. . . lesson learned Next time speak up and wait for what or who I want.


10. Today I get another Ultrasound and am so excited to see more photos of our baby. Wish we had a name that we were a little more certain about. No Kris it will not be Richard G or any Russian name :) but we are open to hearing suggestions.

3 comments:

Kindy said...

where is a picture of your haircut? we had vern for Sunday and Monday too. What a treat!

Anonymous said...

I still think IVAN would be amazing!!! I'll have to come up with some other good ones.

Julie Rowse said...

I knew you were referring to me! No joke, we just switched internet providers so we have online access to ESPN now. Can't wait for the Mizzou game on Friday. GO DEVILS! Oh, and I was so hoping USU would have won. They still successfully knocked Auburn out of the rankings though.