Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ten on Thursday with photos!!!

 1. Jed says he doesn't need naps anymore. That is right he is too big for them. This is what happens all to often. Love him besides he is so adorable when he is asleep!


2. So a while back we went to a baseball game. I think I posted about it. It was so hot and guess what Jeffrey and Jed found? They were in heaven :) love fun little things like this.


3. Arguably one of my most favorite places about where we live. The YMCA. why you might add. well other than the obvious of HOT showers with no little children interrupting. They have some of my most favorite classes I've ever done. They are very similar to a boot camp type class. I love them and I love the teachers. Who have both told me once this baby comes they are no longer letting me slack. really who couldn't ask for better teachers than that. Plus everyone there is soooo friendly. I love it. Today I convinced the teacher that we needed to play dodge-ball at the end of class. Oh yeah dodge-ball. Best morning in a long long time! Plus my kids love the Child watch.


4. I had to take this Saturday morning. Will's whole team (all 3 of them on thee field) and the other team were all at the other end. and what was he doing. . . playing sweeper. He has the Sherwood blood in him almost a little too much.


5. Saturday we had a birthday party for Will (he turns 7 on Thursday) We went to a park, played kickball (kids against Chris, then 2 other dads when they showed up), played at the playground, had a pinata, and ate a Phineas and Ferb cake.

 Chris trying to get the rope around the branch. . . try number ?




 The cake
 Chris and Brody trying to light the candles. . . it didn't work it was way too windy. Glad Will was a great sport about it.


6. My granddad who is 92 just had surgery on Thursday.  His goal in life right now is to live longer than his wife so he can always take care of her and that she will not have to live on her own.  He is a great example of loving and caring for his wife. (borrowed from Kris) I love my Granddad and when I read this I am so grateful for the wonderful man that he is an that he will always be.

7. Friday the kids had no school so I branched out and went to the park with some mom's I have met through the YMCA. It was nice to feel like I'm branching out in making friends.

8. I already posted this see previous post. But Saturday night was the Relief Society broadcast. It was just what I needed. President Uchdorf was talking to me and me alone (right?) I have to admit I now have 2 favorite flowers Lilacs and Forget Me Not. I can not wait until I can get it and read and reread it again. Such a wonderful talk from such a positive and always optimistic man. I cannot wait until This weekend when I get to hear more great talks.

9. This past week Jed and I both got some kind of bug. I must say I hate being sick, but when you are sick and so is a child it is so much less fun. Glad we are all better and now only have allergy issues

10. I have been listening to Pandora radio on the computer lately. I must say I listen mostly to my Jim Brickman channel. Odd I know, but there is something wonderful about calm music in my house that helps me out. Now if they would only play his music that would be great. Or I guess I  could actually buy his cds. . . yeah that's not going to happen.

11 - how could I forget this one. I finished reading the Book of Mormon again last night. It has been a branch challenge this year. With the kids we are in Heleman. Love how our house feels when we read together

No comments: