Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I am half way!!! 20 Weeks!!! well for me a little more than half way. I will have a c-section 1 -  2 weeks before my due date. I can't believe that He will be coming so soon. Never have we struggled so much with a name either. . . Guess we haven't got it right yet.

2. Sylvan Learning - While at Annmarie and Jeffrey's practice one day I was talking to a mother who works at Sylvan. We were talking about my kids school. A friend says it it such a terrible school. I think it is pretty good. Well come to find out, it is one of the best in Des Moines!!!! But thanks to a ton of none English speakers we fail to pass NCLB is reading areas. What does this mean. Well this mother informed me that we get free Tutoring at Sylvan. Will goes in tomorrow. I am so excited for him to have help with reading and writing. His writing is. . . he is a Sherwood need I say more, plus I am his mom have you ever seen me write? Hopefully this goes well and he learns and enjoys his extra help for the next 9 weeks

3. I have always had a fear of raising kids. I remember back in JR High I used to worry about having kids, not having mostly the raising them right and in the gospel. Well this past week this fear has really hit hard again. I am so thankful that I have a most wonderful husband who agrees with me that there are somethings that need to be done to help raise our kids in righteousness.  He even suggested moving scriptures to 6:30am to make sure we do it daily. Which it has worked out so much better this way. I have such fond memories of this. Greg coming downstairs with a blanket sticking his head under the TV table. Laying next to the wood-burning stove. Hopefully we are teaching our kids enough to deal with whatever challenges face them. As a friend said whatever happened to getting drunk. how I wish that was all my kids had to deal with.

4. A friend of mine here had  Baby Friday morning and I got to hold him on Saturday. I forget how little they are! Also I forget how awkward it is to hold a baby when you have another one in your tummy. It made me wish February was much closer than it is.

5. Every October and March I would send an email to family in AZ asking them what they wanted from the Smiths case lot sale. March of 2010. I tried to stock up a little more for me since I knew then we would be headed back to school. Well. Sad as it is to say I will finally be running out of something. . . Cream of Chicken Soup. About 1/2 of the things I cook use this and I must say I cannot believe it has lasted this long (thank you Heavenly Father) the really sad thing is I went to check out the price at some stores around here and almost died!!! over $1 a can. oh dear. makes me wish I would have bought more.

6. North and South. You all know I am a lover of Jane Austin. I love her books and love the Masterpiece theater movies of them. Well I had heard from some people about North and South and that I needed to watch it. Well it is 4 movies each 55 min long. So one night Chris was gone for 2 hours and I said hey why not. . . I ended up watching all 4 that night and must say Mr. Thornton is now my favorite. Move over Mr. Darcy, Mr Knightly. I love how happy he is when he hears she has a brother and when he sees her after that. I have watched it again, twice in one week. I have also started reading the book.

7. I also saw the new Jane Eyre. I was glad Emily had warned me that it was not as good and let stuff out. But I did enjoy it. I think the part I liked best in this movie that I have not seen in the others was how he let her stay in her room with out being disturbed. Then he was right there waiting for her when she came out. That is one of my favorite parts of the book and love that this movie got that part right. I would give it a 3 out of 5.

8. I love watching my kids play soccer. I love how they are so young that you can see improvement so quickly from game to game. I am glad that Grandma Carmen will be here to watch them play so she can get even more pride in her grandchildren :) Wish you could all see them play, they are great (but I am biased and realistic too)

9. Chris is  working hard at school. We are so glad that he comes to soccer with us and makes other time to spend with us. We are so proud of him and all his hard work that he puts into everything! Thanks for being so awesome Chris!

10. Chris and I went on a much needed date Friday night. I think this might be the first one in almost a month. I really do cherish these nights. I love my husband and am so thankful that he chose me all those years ago. President Hinckley was right, on many things but on Date night he was right on. It is so important to set sometime aside for just the 2 of you. When the relationship suffers everything else suffers. Thanks to the wonderful people who have helped make us be able to go on dates!

4 comments:

Kindy said...

So is it Sherwood handwriting that is bad or how we write papers? I do have many fun memories of morning scriptures. We switched to the morning this year. I do like it better. The boys aren't as crazy as they are at night.

Maryle said...

I love North and South (and all Jane Austin). Now I need to watch it again!

Julie Rowse said...

Loved North and South. I read the book first and actually like the movie better. That usually never happens!

Linds said...

wow, 1/2 way there! awesome